No, I'm NOT pregnant yet, and I'm also not playing one of those awful April Fool's Day "jokes" with the positive HPT below. So please don't throw anything at me, OK?
The clinic asked me to test yesterday to confirm that I did Friday night's trigger shot correctly. HPTs measure hCG, a hormone that's present both in pregnant women and in the medication I used to trigger ovulation. A positive test just means that I hit the target.
Plus, well, I get to see a positive test. It's kind of fun to see those double lines even if it's fake, you know? OK, it's really fun; I probably enjoy it way too much.
![]() |
| May I see a REAL one someday soon! |
This is the part where I really hold my breath.

Fingers crossed! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Good thoughts and prayers are most welcome.
DeleteOh, I am crossing my fingers for you! This wait must be really hard!! Hoping for nothing but good news later on today.
ReplyDeleteOh I totally did this after my trigger. I just wanted to "stick it" to all those negative HPTs! Holding my breath and crossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteUgh, sorry for the disjointed replies. Blogger is doing this thing lately where it sometimes lets me post a reply directly under a comment and sometimes it just won't -- everything goes to the bottom instead.
ReplyDeleteMarwil: great news so far: the egg did fertilize. :) Now the wait continues. Thank you for the good wishes -- they do help!
ReplyDeleteMelissa: whew, good thing I'm not the only one. I was feeling just a tiny bit neurotic. Thanks for hoping along with me!
ReplyDeleteHolding my breath as I read this post and see it fertilised! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Here's to getting a proper positive in two weeks' time!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you!!!
ReplyDeleteSaying a prayer if fertilizes well!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, everyone!
ReplyDelete