Last night, a friend and I ordered Chinese takeout for dinner, then unwrapped the fortune cookies that came with the meal.
Her fortune said, "When people flatter you, keep your feet on the ground." Um … OK. If you insist.
Then I opened my cookie, and TWO pieces of paper fluttered out into my lap. I picked up the first one:
Whoa.
THAT'S a change of tone.
Then I picked up the second piece of paper:
A dopey grin spread across my face. I don't believe it for one moment (Has God EVER granted EVERYTHING a person wants? Would that even be a good idea??), but logic didn't stop me from taking a magnet and sticking the two fortunes on my fridge.


Ha, ha. Hope this made me smile. I actually recently got a fortune that I love too. Getting ready to share on instagram….totally relates to this cycle so I want to believe in it.
ReplyDeleteGreat fortunes!! I have many times places a fortune on my frig!
ReplyDeleteHey, it can't hurt, can it??
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this. And no, while I suppose it wouldn't be a good idea for any person to get EVERYTHING they want, I can't think of a person who deserves it more! Wishing you *some of what you want, or at least the really important stuff.
ReplyDelete