Yesterday was the start of monitoring for my—uh, wow—fourth IVF (third with no stims).
If this cycle follows my body's typical schedule, the egg retrieval will fall on the exact same date as it did last year (that wonderful first time, which produced the short-lived pregnancy).
It will also be Thanksgiving. Wouldn't that be nice? The clinic is open and my holiday plans are simple; all I have to do is show up at a restaurant later with a few close relatives. So it would be no trouble to do both things in one day. In fact, with the Thanksgiving focus on family and gratitude, I can think of no day more fitting to conceive a child!
As it turns out, this November 28 will be special in another way: it will be "Thanksgivukkah," the only time in 70,000 years that Thanksgiving and the first day of Hanukkah will coincide. Though I don't celebrate Hanukkah myself, this convergence—with its hybrid recipes and other once-in-a-lifetime creations—totally makes me smile.
![]() |
| (source) |

That is a special coincident. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here but will be thinking of you, wishing the best of outcome for retrieval and beyond. Scary but also exciting times.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good wishes!
DeleteI remember how pleased I was when I discovered that our first u/s fell on (Canadian) Thanksgiving. It felt like it might all fall into place, and although the rational side of me knows that those coincidences have nothing to do with it, I hope the same Thanksgiving luck holds for you too my friend! At the very least, you'll be spending the day wrapped in warmth and family, which can't help but encourage that little sucker to stick around and feel the love. I am crossing everything for you. xo
ReplyDeleteHey, it can't hurt, right? :)
Delete