It's finally here: my would-have-been due date. If not for the miscarriage, I would have been 40 weeks pregnant today, if the baby hadn't already arrived.
Strangely, this date hasn't been as upsetting as I'd thought it might be. It's just another day in limbo, and I'm used to that. Yes, I'm thinking about the baby with love. I do that every day. What I don't do is spend much time dreaming about the details of what might have been. Years of infertility have trained me not to get too attached to dreams.
Yes, after 8 or 10 weeks of pregnancy, when I started needing to map out future medical appointments on the calendar, I was bold enough to note all 40 weeks. But I did it in pencil. Wow. It didn't occur to me until today how telling and sad that really is. My due date was never marked with a celebration of circles, exclamation points, and smiles, just a businesslike "40" with a mental asterisk and footnote saying, "if I should really be so lucky after all..."
![]() |
| Nope. |
Daydreams of motherhood require some details. I could fantasize about everything that might have been ... but the truth is that I have no real details about the life who was so briefly here, really here. All I have of him or her are questions. And the only way I can honor him or her is to hold the questions in my heart and just let them be.
Questions and love. Today and every day.
Questions and love. Today and every day.

I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThere really aren't any other words.
There aren't, are there? Thank you for being here.
DeleteI'm so sorry Hope. This brings quiet tears to my eyes, because I understand too well what you are saying.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and sending strength.
I'm so sorry that you've been through this, too. (Or maybe I should say "go through this," since it's not something that ends...)
DeleteI'm so sorry :(
ReplyDeleteThank you. It helps a little just to mark this day with others.
DeleteI am so sorry. I always get sad on my due dates thinking of what could have been....HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs back to you!! It just sucks.
DeleteI'm so sorry, Due dates are so damn hard. The "should have beens" come up and smack you in the face once more.
ReplyDeleteI'm also sorry for everything recently. I've been a bad follower and am just now catching up and it's so damn unfair that you're not getting the good news you deserve. HUGS!
Oh goodness, no worries -- you've been very busy!! I'm thrilled for you and G.T. But I know the joy of his birth doesn't replace your first son ... and am sorry that you've been through this too. Hugs back!
DeleteI'm so sorry. Sending you so many hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI feel bad putting this on a sad post, but I've nominated you for the Sunshine award. Sometimes what makes me smile is someone who keeps going no matter how hard it is. If you're interested, stop by http://askaninfertile.blogspot.com/2013/10/sunshine-award.html for details!
ReplyDelete85街論壇85st-色情真人秀場聊天室
ReplyDelete85街免費影片收看-大尺度真人秀場聊天室
85街官網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
85街官網st論壇-能看啪啪真人聊天室
85街官網免費影片新版-真愛旅舍ut聊天室
打飛機專用網-免費真人秀視頻聊天室
土豆網免費影片-luo聊聊天室
avcome愛薇免費影片-激情真人秀場聊天室
后宮視訊聊天網-9158多人視頻聊天室
洪爺影城-真人秀視頻直播